Funded by Nesta and The Dunhill Medical Trust, the programme will offer tailored funding, movement-building opportunities and connection to social movement peers.
Why are we doing this?
We believe that the future of health and care should be people-powered: a future that is for people, by people and with people. The Social Movements for Health programme represents an opportunity to think differently about how to develop and support health and care. There is untapped potential to combine the energy and dynamism of social movements with the need for radical institutional change. This creative tension between people and institutions lies at the heart of our work on People Powered Health.
What are we doing?
We are looking for up to seven groups or organisations that are in the early stages of developing a social movement to grow their influence and impact on health and care. Each social movement will have access to:
- Tailored funding: We will work with successful applicants during the early stages of the programme to agree objectives and milestones that can help each movement grow and make progress towards their longer term goals. Grants will be between £20,000 and £50,000.
- Movement-building opportunities: will be identified and provided by people with extensive experience of movement-building, such as framing, tactical development, network formation and engagement strategies.
- Connection to social movement peers: A community of peers will provide an opportunity to connect with like-minded people facing similar opportunities and challenges, share ideas as well as explore opportunities for collaborative working.
Eligible movements are invited to submit an expression of interest (EOI) by 10am on the 21 December 2018. Find out more about our selection criteria and how to apply.
- November 28 2018: Applications for expressions of interest open
- December 11 2018: Online webinar
- December 21 2018 at 10am: Deadline for expressions of interest
- January 18 2019: Nesta invites full applications
- January 28-30 2019: Workshops with shortlisted applicants
- February 18 2019 at 11:59pm: Deadline for full applications
- March 1 2019: Successful members informed
- April 1 2019: Programme begins
- April 2020 - August 2020: Evaluation and reporting
For further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.